Monday, January 26, 2009

Plugging along

Well, this was a busy weekend. Went to a lovely art exhibit opening (and bought a small print). The younger brother had his 30th birthday back in our hometown on Saturday. And I had an afternoon full of shoveling and errands to run so I didn't get a lot of time to press on with my project. I did get a few more of the Iowa Donor Network's pins done.

Today, I just ran across this...Making Valentine's Day Cards for Dogs, Saturday, Feb. 7, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Coordinated by Raccoon Valley Animal Shelter (http://www.raccoonvalley.com/) and Dogs Deserve Better, the card making event works to liberate dogs who live their lives tied up to the end of a chain or rope. I'll be working at the PetCo on Buffalo Road in Clive from 1-3 p.m. Come get a great card and if you're brave enough, see what it feels like to be be chained for a while.

With more snow on the way, I'm sure I'll make some more headway on the pins.
s'all for now,
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment