Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Number two and possibly three

Really cookin' on 40 for 40. I just finished making some "tickets" for a fund-raising wine tasting event to benefit Waukee Rotary (http://www.waukeerotary.org/). My friend Wendy is on the board as chair of fund-raising.

I also met a new friend today, arranged by my old friend and mentor, Linda Schreiber. New friend is Jeni Hanselman and other than being a mom and working at WB Capital Management, she has long been involved in Iowa Women's Foundation (http://www.iawf.org/). Iowa Women's Foundation is the only statewide grant giving group designated to improve the lives of Iowa women and girls through the power of philanthropy, advocacy and collaboration.

Jeni and Linda have both been board members for many years. Over lunch, Jeni was telling me that IWF has a great following over in the eastern part of Iowa and has allocated a lot of their funds to far western Iowa but knowledge of the group and their mission is not well-known throughout the central area. That's one area I will be helping with. By the way, they are looking for additional board members. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of 40 for 40 and your wish to share your birthday with nonprofit organizations. This is an idea I'll will share it w/ Access Iowa friends in eastern Iowa. Your enthusiasm is contagious! Best wishes for success & rapture!

    ReplyDelete