Thursday, February 26, 2009

Here's one for spring

Been a while since I blogged because I was up to my knuckles in paint. Living room is finally done.

So I read this in one of those old-fashioned things we call newspapers and I'm so excited about this next addition to 40 for 40 cause it has to do with flowers. You know all that green space with the lovely colorful flowers the City of Des Moines puts between busy road ways and down town? Well, the operate a greenhouse during the winter and in the spring volunteers come in and help transplant the plants to be taken out and beautify our city. So in the middle of March I'll already be singing spring. The program continues through May and there are weekday and weekend shifts. For more info on the program, log on to www.dmparks.org; email parsvolunteer@dmgov.org or call 208-0277. Check back for some colorful photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment